Ushers at the Basilica of St. Mary Star of the Sea faithfully perform their duties for our parishioners and guests during the weekend Masses and on Holy Days of Obligation. Our ushers also serve at funeral Masses to honor the deceased members of our parish. They are on hand to assist the family and funeral attendees, especially those who may not be familiar with the Basilica.
In addition to the more familiar tasks of passing out the collection baskets during Mass and distributing church bulletins after Mass, our ushers carry out a number of important tasks to serve the parishioners of the Basilica. These include:
- Greeting the parishioners and visitors as they enter the church for Mass
- Finding seating for congregants when the church is crowded
- Helping the disabled and if requested, arranging to have Holy Communion brought to their pews.
- Ensuring that congregants are available for the Offertory Presentation of the Gifts.
- Answering any questions that our parishioners or guests may have or directing them to the appropriate person if the usher does not know the answer.
Being a member of the Ushering Ministry is personally very rewarding – and the Basilica of St. Mary Star of the Sea Usher Ministry is open to both men and women of our parish. If you are a caring, reliable, conscientious and dedicated person the Usher Ministry will be very pleased to welcome you.
For more information on this ministry contact Pat Labrada who can be reached at 305-304-7000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.